I wanted to take a minute to encourage you to take better care of yourself this year. Most people say they will, but few actually do. So I thought I would share with you some simple ways to take better care of yourself (in no particular order... just brainstorming here).
- Drink more water! And, by the way, water means water. The "water" in juice, soda, tea, coffee, etc... does not count! Check out http://www.watercure.com/
- Be Active. Walk more. Play more. Take the stairs more. Be outside more.
- Sleep. At least 7-8 hours per night for most of you.
- Decrease coffee and alcohol, and replace with water! Stimulants & Depressants (coffee & alcohol) should definitely be reduced.
- Exercise. Cardio (walking, running, swimming, etc..) 3-5 days per week for 20-45 minutes per day.
- Exercise. Strength Training (weights, pilates, push-ups, sit-ups, etc..) 3-5 days per week for 20-45 minutes per day.
- Chiropractic Care! We keep your spine in alignment and keep your nervous system working better. When your nerves are happier, your body is happier. This will help keep you healthier!
- Be Social! Hang out with friends and family and have fun!
- Don't eat fast food! Fast Food Is Not Food!
Dr. Brian Stanton, D.C.